We are OPEN for your eye health needs
Safe Places, Trusted Care
Montgomery Eye has a long-standing commitment to the eye care health needs of our communities. Your safety is our highest priority. Montgomery Eye is committed to giving you a safe, reliable place to receive eye care.
Reopening Our Clinics and Services
Thanks to the efforts of Alabama residents to practice social distancing, effectively controlling the spread of the virus, we can begin offering broader services to meet the eye care needs to patients.
How We’re Keeping Patients Safe During the COVID-19 Recovery
Guided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local government, we have taken several steps in addition to our standard infection control measures to ensure our practice remains a safe place for you to receive care confidently.
In-Person Appointments and Procedures
For some of our patients, being seen in-person or scheduled for surgery. Our commitment to you is to provide the care you need, when you need it, as safely and conveniently as possible. Each patient’s circumstances will be evaluated by their doctor to determine how soon that patient should return for in-person care or a scheduled procedure, or if their care needs could be handled through TeleMedicine.
We are restricting guests to reduce the number of people in our practice to eliminate the risk of exposure between patients and staff. We are asking that patients do not bring guests or family members with you to our office. Please have them wait in the car. We understand this can be difficult and appreciate your understanding.
Masks and Hand Sanitizer
- Masks for Staff: All staff wear masks. The type of mask staff members wear is determined by the type of care they provide best to ensure their safety and the safety of our patients.
- Masks for Patients: All patients are asked to wear a mask or cloth face covering while in our office.
- Hand Sanitizer: Hand sanitizer is available at numerous locations throughout the office. Everyone is asked to sanitize their hands when they enter the building. Also, each member of our health care staff sanitizes their hands before and after each patient encounter.
Cleaning and Reorganization
- Common Areas: Areas such as waiting rooms, lobbies, and restrooms are cleaned often with special attention to frequently touched surfaces, including doorknobs, armrests, and handrails.
- Exam Rooms: These are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected between each patient.
- Floor Markings and Furniture Rearrangement: We have made special arrangements to support social distancing. You may see markers on the floors to show where people should stand for check-in and check-out. We have rearranged furniture in our waiting area to create more space between patients, and are scheduling appointments to ensure that fewer people are in our office at any given time. We have also removed all magazines and books from the waiting area.
Give us a call at (334) 271-3804 and our staff will schedule you for an in-office or telemedicine visit.
age-related eye disease allergies amd cataracts coronavirus covid 19 diabetic retinopathy eye health eye irriation glaucoma itchy eyes lasik montgomery lasik surgery macular degeneration prevention sports eye safety month spring allergies