Founded in 1945 by Karl Benkwith, M.D, Montgomery Eye Physicians was the first comprehensive ophthalmology practice in the River Region. With a legacy of commitment, passion for excellence, and dedication to serving, we continue to provide state-of-the-art eye care to patients of all ages. Offering a broad range of services from routine examinations and glasses prescriptions to no-stitch cataract surgery as well as advanced iLASIK laser vision correction, corneal transplant, and DSAEK surgery, we continue to focus on fulfilling the needs of patients in Central Alabama. We are very proud that all of our doctors are board-certified, with Dr. John Swan and Dr. In Shin having completed specialized fellowship training in cornea, cataract and refractive surgery.
Montgomery Eye Physicians is a comprehensive eye care practice. We encourage you to explore the various services we offer. The information included on this website is for educational purposes only and should never be used to self-diagnose or treat a medical condition. If you are having a medical concern, please contact our office to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced physicians.
At Montgomery Eye Physicians, our mission is to serve our patients, employees and referring providers with a total commitment to quality, courtesy, and professionalism.
We are committed to meeting and exceeding our patients’ expectations through:
- accurate and timely diagnosis, education and treatment with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities;
- pleasant, friendly experience with personal involvement in decision-making; and
- fair value for services provided.
We are dedicated to each of our employees by offering:
- excellent benefits;
- a pleasant work environment;
- an opportunity to continually achieve and expand one’s potential; and the ability to become an integral part in the achievement of the practice’s goals and values.
We commit ourselves to our relationships with referring professionals by providing:
- high quality state-of-the-art medical and surgical eye care for their patients;
- prompt and courteous service to their office and patients; and
- appropriate and timely communication for each referral.