Patient Bill of Rights and Responsibilities
Montgomery Eye Physicians recognizes and respects the rights of patients and their families and treats them withcourtesy and dignity. We encourage our patients to become active partners in their healthcare.
You Have the Right to...
- Receive care in a respectful and courteous manner.
- Not to be discriminated against and to receive care in a safe setting free from abuse and harassment.
- Receive privacy concerning your medical care. Discussions and consultations of your care as well as examinations, treatments and records are confidential and should be conducted in a careful manner.
- Know the names of the employees and the medical staff members that treat you.
- Be fully informed about a treatment or procedure and the expected outcome before it is performed.
- Refuse treatment as permitted by law.
- Know the provisions that Montgomery Eye has arranged for handling emergency care and after - hours care.
- Have all reasonable requests responded to promptly and adequately within the capacity of the Montgomery Eye staff
- Review your bill and receive a detailed explanation of all fees for specific services, regardless of the payment source.
- Have your rights apply to any person with the legal responsibility to make medical care decisions for you.
- An interpreter or use of alternative communication techniques/aids as needed.
- Know that Montgomery Eye does not honor advance directives. However, you may notify staff regarding any advance directives you have in place.
- To know that Montgomery Eye is privately owned and managed by a group of physicians who have been credentialed to work here.
- Know what responsibilities you have as a patient.
- File a grievance within thirty (30) days of the occurrence if you feel your rights have been violated. The Practice Administrator contact information is listed below, as well as the Office of Medicare Beneficiary contact information, which also provides a listing of Alabama agencies to which you may report complaints.
Phillip Douglas, MBA, CMPE
Montgomery Eye Physicians
2752 Zelda Road
Montgomery, AL 36106
Office of Medicare Beneficiary Contact Information:
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
7500 Security Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21244-1850
- Observe the rules and regulations of Montgomery Eye during your stay and treatment. Be considerate of patients and facility personnel.
- Provide a current photo ID and insurance card upon check - in. Update all demographic information to ensure our data on file is accurate.
- Read and understand all consents you sign. Report to the staff if you do not understand the planned course of your treatment and what is expected of you.
- Follow up of your physician's instructions, take medications when prescribed, and ask any questions you may have regarding your health care
- Inform providers of your current health status and all medication you take, including over - the - counter products and supplements.
- Act responsibly in your treatment plan and comply with treatment recommendations. Failure to do so could have an adverse impact on the desired clinical results.
- Indicate if you feel your privacy and/or safety is being violated.
- Provide a responsible adult to transport you home after surgery. Have a responsible adult be accountable for you at home for the first twenty - four (24) hours after surgery.
- Pay financial obligations as stated in our Financial Policy.
- Respect Montgomery Eye property and equipment.
- Be on time for appointments and call as soon as possible if you must cancel.
- Do not take pictures, videos, or other images, and recordings of other children, family members or staff without permission
- Leave all valuables at home
- Refrain from smoking. We are a non - smoking campus
These rights are extended to the patient, the patient's family, and other persons served. Family refers to parents, other family members, guardians, and surrogate decision makers